The difficult thing about dental emergencies is that they are always unplanned and usually accompanied by shock, fear, and panic. If you or a loved one experiences any sort of dental emergency in Oklahoma City, Moore, Norman, or surrounding areas, you can take comfort in knowing that OKC Smiles will be there for you and help you through any traumatic dental emergency.
At OKC Smiles, we are here to help you through this traumatic experience during our normal business hours. We offer emergency dental services to patients throughout the Oklahoma City area.
Emergency Dentist in Oklahoma City
While you might not think often about dental emergencies, it’s hard to ignore them when they happen to you or someone in your family. Many things can cause a dental emergency, whether you accidentally fall and chip a tooth or end up with a sudden toothache.
Of course, no one wants to end up with a dental emergency. But, knowing there is help at hand in these situations can provide peace of mind.
If you have an emergency situation or have more questions about our treatment options, call us today, and we will be happy to help.
Our caring and compassionate general dentistry staff will focus on making you feel comfortable and relaxed as we address any dental emergency you or your loved one encounters.
Examples of Emergency Dental Care in Oklahoma City
Broken or Dislodged Dental Prosthetic | Chew… chew… crunch. Whoops. There went the dental crown you had placed 5 years ago. Losing a tooth crown, dental bridge, or other dental prosthetic is not an uncommon thing. Our emergency dentist near Moore and Norman, OK, has the experience and ability to help you quickly and comfortably replace any dental prosthetic that may have fallen out or broken. Give us a call and OKC Smiles will get you sorted out in no time.
Oral Trauma | Accidents happen… unfortunately. Whether your little guy took a bad baseball bounce to the mouth, your daughter accidentally got elbowed during dance practice or you or your spouse got in a car accident, you may find yourself in need of emergency dental care. OKC Smiles is here to help. Rest assured that you have an emergency dentist and dental team that can help you no matter what life throws at you (curveballs included).
Severe Toothache | Sometimes severe toothaches can come on so suddenly and so intensely that they are nearly incapacitating. Severe tooth pain is no joke and we will take your situation seriously and help make the pain go away. We will identify what the issue is, inform you of your options, and work with you to make the best decision to resolve the issue.
Other dental emergencies we can help with include:
- Broken, chipped, or cracked teeth: Damage to your teeth can occur in many ways, such as biting down on hard foods or experiencing a fall or accident. Depending on the extent of the damage, you might feel a sharp pain, sensitivity to temperature changes, or even discomfort when chewing. If you’ve broken, chipped, or cracked a tooth, it’s crucial to see a dentist as soon as possible.
- Jaw or facial pain: Jaw pain may be caused by issues with the joint connecting your jaw to your skull. You could also end up with other facial pain because of an impact to your face. Regardless of why it occurs, severe or sudden pain should be addressed right away.
- Persistent bleeding from the mouth or gums bleeding: If you have mild issues with your gums or poor oral hygiene, brushing and flossing may cause minimal bleeding at first. However, persistent or severe bleeding from your mouth or gums is very concerning.
- A tooth abscess or tooth infection: A tooth abscess or tooth infection can be extremely painful. Living with this pain isn’t necessary, and often you need help right away to alleviate these symptoms.
- Object stuck in your teeth: Most people get something stuck in their teeth here and there. Usually, it’s simple enough to remove small things with a toothbrush or floss. Sometimes, however, an item or piece of food becomes lodged, painful, and impossible to remove on your own. We can assist with getting your mouth back to normal.
- Dry sockets following tooth extraction: After a tooth extraction, a blood clot normally forms in the socket as part of the healing process. However, if this clot gets dislodged or dissolves prematurely, it exposes the bone and nerves beneath, leading to a condition known as dry socket. This can result in intense pain not only in the socket but often radiating up your face.
Contact Our Oklahoma City Emergency Dentists Now!
OKC Smiles is here to help when any dental emergency arises. If you’re in pain and need emergency dental care contact us now! We provide emergency dental care to patients from Oklahoma City, Moore, Norman, and the neighboring communities.