Toothache Relief For OKC Patients
If you’ve ever experience a toothache, you don’t need an explanation of how it feels. The discomfort is not easily forgotten and can be surprisingly disruptive to your life. It’s important to take care of any toothache as soon as you become aware of it and to not put it off. If caught early enough, it may be a matter of a simple filling that brings toothache relief. If left alone, your tooth pain has the potential to turn into a necessary root canal, gum disease or a malady requiring tooth extraction. Play it safe and take a toothache as a cue from your body to get your teeth taken care of.
What Causes Toothaches?
Some of the most common causes of toothaches include:
- Cavities | Cavities often develop from eating too much sugary or acidic food which eats through the natural protective enamel on your tooth, clearing a path for bacteria and microorganisms to create the cavity. Proper dental health and hygiene will help prevent cavities caused by diet and lifestyle, but is not 100% effective.
- Irritation of Dental Pulp | When microorganisms or bacteria eat through your tooth to such a point that it reached your dental pulp, you’re reaching the point where you will need a root canal. Fillings are much easier and less expensive treatment than root canals if you can get in soon enough.
- Environment | Some people experience tooth pain due to barometric pressure changes similar to people who experience achy joints in with the barometric pressure changes
- Gum Disease | Gum disease is the inflammation or infection of your gums and can loosen your teeth and damage your jaw bone. Both of these can cause tooth pain and need to be addressed immediately
- Wisdom Teeth | Wisdom teeth are the molars in the very back of your mouth that grow in during the early to late teen years (hence “wisdom” teeth). Sometimes they grow in straight and cause no issue, but sometimes the grow in at an angle and push against your other teeth. The common term for this is “impacted” wisdom teeth. As these wisdom teeth continue to push against your other teeth, you or your loved one may experience toothaches. This situation can lead to infection and various other issues —especially crowding of the teeth.
- Cracked Tooth | A cracked tooth is a tooth that has developed a crack through the enamel, through the dentin and sometimes through the tooth pulp. Tooth pain may be experienced when chewing on this tooth and may be fleeting or constant. As with any toothache, it is best to schedule a visit with us immediately to identify the issue and address it before it becomes worse. We take pride in offering quick toothache relief.
Got a Toothache? Get Tooth Pain Relief in Oklahoma City!
If you are experiencing a toothache and live in the Oklahoma City area, call, text, or email OKC Smiles today to schedule a visit. Toothache relief is closer than you may think.