One common reason given by people who don’t floss their teeth is it’s hard to fit it into their schedule. If you’ve found this to be true, and feel like you are too busy to floss, the team at OKC Smiles in Oklahoma City has some suggestions to fit flossing into your day.
- The most common time is right before bed, but make sure you aren’t too tired to do a good job.
- Right when you wake up is also an option, but if food is left between teeth all night, it can lead to plaque.
- Try just after lunch, before you go back to work.
- Floss while you are in the car sitting in traffic. It’s easier one-handed with the pre-strung floss pics. (You might get some odd looks from other drivers, but it’s worth it.)
- Keep some floss in your gym bag so you can floss after you exercise.
- While you’re watching the nightly news.
Should you floss before brushing, or after? The jury is out on that one. Some research suggests that flossing first can make brushing more effective. The idea is that after flossing, there is less gunk between your teeth. The fluoride in your toothpaste is able to get in there better.
Flossing is an important part of anyone’s dental health routine, and at OKC Smiles in Oklahoma City, we hope the above tips help you find a few minutes to do it. Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule your next cleaning and checkup with us today.
Contact OKC Smiles:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):