You may not be able to convey why all the elements blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. I’m talking about a positive smile.
You may be surprised at how many components Dr. Phan must consider when planning for a smile makeover.
Here are a few of the most obvious components:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other important elements that may be less familiar:
- The amount of teeth that show when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
We keep design in mind when performing these procedures. Otherwise, your smile may look “off” or the function of the teeth and jaw could be adversely affected. For example, a smile makeover handled by an inexperienced cosmetic dentist could change the patient’s bite and put undo stress on the restorations. OKC Smiles has the experience to create a functional, flawless smile.
Do not decide on a cosmetic dentist by procedure cost alone. If you are thinking about a smile redesign, call us today to schedule an informative consultation.
Contact OKC Smiles: 405-634-7303
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):