Gum disease is inflammation or infection of the gums. For the most part it is preventable, but is still far too common in the United States. Gum disease can be treated at OKC Smiles in Oklahoma City.
Some facts about gum disease:
- If left untreated, it can result in tooth loss.
- Proper oral hygiene and regular dental exams are the best way to prevent it.
- Gum disease can be present where there is no tooth decay.
- Almost half of all adults over thirty in the US have gum disease.
- In some cases, gum disease produces no noticeable symptoms.
- Healthy gums influence your overall health.
In its early form, gum disease is called gingivitis. Symptoms include redness or swelling of the gums, and bleeding when you brush or floss. If you notice these signs, call us at OKC Smiles in Oklahoma City right away. We provide gum disease treatment, along with general and cosmetic dentistry.
Contact OKC Smiles:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):